I have decided to make my To Do list public to motivate (or shame) myself into getting it done.
The timetable for this list is the month of January!
Things I would like to do before the end of January
1. Encourage William to take a bottle so that I can have some baby free time and to allow David to be more involved with feeding. Esther guzzles a bottle down but so far William has resisted. My attitude needs to change for this to work as I need to accept that them having a bottle of expressed breast milk is just as good as or nearly as good as straight from the mothership! This is definitely a number one priority on my list as it will allow me to do number 2.
2. Make some time for me. I would like to go to our local spa for a day and enjoy the pool, sauna and steam room as well as have some treatments. It costs £80 to do this but I think I am going to use my Christmas money to treat myself to this one day out and I am sure I will not take the whole day anyway, just a half day. Daddy will enjoy some quality time with his children after being away for a few days this month.
3. Read a book and not Twilight AGAIN!! During IVF, pregnancy and breastfeeding I keep rereading these books as they are so easy to read but I have a whole stack of ‘real’ books waiting to be enjoyed when I have the concentration and energy!
4. Spring clean the whole house and at the same time sort out all baby belongings to ensure have useful baby stations in each room to allow for further cleaning and sorting – e.g. bouncy chairs in bedroom, tummy time mat and toys in bathroom, swing in kitchen etc … We have so much stuff that could be made much better use of to allow me to be busy around the house rather than confined to one room
5. Get dressed everyday and go outside every day with or without babies.
6. Start and sustain healthy eating plan
7. Start working towards going out for a night with David while his parents babysit – I am setting my sights on March for this happening. We are going to get really dressed up and go out for a posh dinner with lots of wine!
So much to do but all such positive things that will make life better for me and so for everyone around me as I can be such a grump!
2011 is going to be a great year and this list is the start.
I will keep you updated as to how I get on x